Glenn HerbertSenior UI/UX Web Designer
Phone: 0771 857 4505
Portfolio website: www.glennspace.com
SENIOR UI/UX WEB DESIGNER - KPMG, Leeds
April 2016 to Present
KPMG Technology Consulting
- Designing web-based software experiences for clients’ digital transformation and internal projects.
- Designing pages and interfaces for a web-based survey and intranet dashboard product, used by well-known national and international brands.
- Using Sketch and Invision for low-fidelity wire frames and fully branded, high-fidelity mockups and prototypes of dashboards.
- HTML, LESS and CSS builds of fully responsive dashboards in corporate branding.
- High-fidelity, branded mock-ups of customer experience surveys. HTML and CSS build of surveys.
- Mentoring and supervision of junior UX colleagues.
- A lead staff member for client scoping and stakeholder sketching, brainstorming and ideas sessions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Software: Sketch, Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, Adobe XD, Figma, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo, Affinity Publisher, InVision, Balsamiq, Sublime Text 3, Dreamweaver CC, InDesign CC.
UI Web Design: Responsive web design, mock-ups, layout, mark-up, SEO, accessibility, browser testing.
Visual/Graphic Design: Banner and image design, applying branding, grids, colour, typography, logo design.
UX Design: Wire-framing, sketching, prototyping, IA, site maps, stakeholder engagement, user centred design methodologies, survey creation, usability, document writing.
Code: HTML, CSS, SASS, LESS, Bootstrap, jQuery.
Communication: Training, presentations, copywriting, social media, soft people skills.
Content Management Systems: Front end template building and admin of CMSs such as WordPress, Shopify, RedDot and Tridion, with content auditing and advice.
Project Management: PRINCE2, knowledge of Agile/Scrum, achieved the ILM Level 3 First Line Management qualification. Functional specification writing. Business budgeting.
Event Management and Promotion: Digital marketing, print design and staff management; having previously run and promoted a successful club night business in my spare time.
FREELANCE UI/UX WEB DESIGNER - Leeds
September 2014 to April 2016
- Designing pages and interfaces for digital agencies and e-commerce websites.
- I created high fidelity mock-ups, low fidelity wireframes, Responsive design, HTML and CSS builds, UX prototypes, Wordpress builds and some jQuery for UI interaction.
- Clients included: The Space People, Onstate, Green River Media, Wish Digital, First 10, Gratterpalm, Milestone, Lovechild Boudoir, Pearls and Swine.
FREELANCE EMAIL DESIGNER - Premier Farnell, Leeds
January 2013 to September 2014
- Contractor designing and developing responsive, dynamic HTML email templates.
DIGITAL PROJECT MANAGER - Twentysix Digital, Leeds
September 2012 to January 2013
- Project Manager for the design of corporate scale, CMS driven websites.
SENIOR DIGITAL OFFICER - Leeds Metropolitan University
December 2005 to September 2012
- HTML and CSS template building in the corporate CMS, with user admin, support and training.
- Senior team member, with UX design and project management experience.
E-CONTENT OFFICER - Derbyshire County Council
October 2004 to December 2005
- Creating front end HTML templates, designing banners and graphical content in the new CMS.
WEB DESIGNER - Peak Net Ltd, Derbyshire
June 2001 to October 2004
- Designing extremely high quality, professional web sites for large businesses across the UK.
WEB DESIGNER - Textile and Clothing Network, Leeds University
May 2000 to June 2001
- Designing websites for an EU funded project, providing free websites to local textile businesses.
IT HELPDESK - Leeds University Information Systems Services
April 1998 to May 2000
IT TRAINING CONSULTANT - LINK Multimedia Learning Centres, Leeds and Wakefield
Feb 1997 to April 1998
1993-1996: BA (Hons) Degree Sociology and Public Media (Grade: II i).
Trinity and All Saints, a College of the University of Leeds.
1991-1993: Brighton University Certificate in Foundation studies Art (pre BA).
Hastings College of Art and Technology.
1991: A-LEVELS; Sociology (A), Art (C), Politics (C).
William Parker School, Hastings.
HOBBIES / INTERESTS: