Glenn HerbertUI/UX Web Designer
Phone: 0771 857 4505
Portfolio website: www.glennspace.com
UI/UX WEB DESIGNER - KPMG Nunwood, Leeds
April 2016 to Present
- Designing pages and interfaces for a web based intranet survey/dashboard product, used by well known national and international brands.
- Clients include: Samsung, BA, Direct Line Group, easyJet, RBS, Virgin Atlantic, Nationwide, Tesco Bank, Yorkshire Building Society.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Software: Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, Adobe XD, Sketch, Affinity Designer, InVision, Balsamiq, Sublime Text 3, Dreamweaver CC, InDesign CC.
Web design: Adobe Creative Cloud, UI design, responsive web design, layout, mark-up, SEO, accessibility, browser testing, graphic design, banner design, logo design.
UX design: Wire-framing, sketching, prototyping, mock-ups, IA, site maps, stakeholder engagement, survey creation, usability, document writing.
Communication: Training, presentations, copywriting, social media, soft people skills.
Content Management Systems: Front end template building and admin of CMSs such as WordPress, Shopify, RedDot and Tridion, with content auditing and advice.
Project Management: PRINCE2, knowledge of Agile/Scrum, achieved the ILM Level 3 First Line Management qualification. Functional specification writing. Business budgeting.
Event Management and Promotion: Digital marketing, print design and staff management; having previously run and promoted a successful club night business in my spare time.
FREELANCE UI/UX WEB DESIGNER - Leeds
September 2014 to April 2016
Key Contract and Freelance projects:
- The Space People: Responsive Design, HTML, CSS, jQuery, WordPress builds, UX prototypes.
- Onstate: HTML, CSS and jQuery prototype for a loan company registration system.
- Green River Media: HTML, CSS, jQuery, UX design wireframes.
Sites worked on: www.uws.ac.uk | www.compris-cm.com | www.eurotunnel.com/apis
- Other Companies worked with: Wish Digital, First 10, Gratterpalm, Lovechild, P&S, Milestone Creative
FREELANCE EMAIL DESIGNER - Premier Farnell, Leeds
January 2013 to September 2014
- Contractor designing and developing responsive, dynamic HTML email templates.
DIGITAL PROJECT MANAGER - Twentysix Digital, Leeds
September 2012 to January 2013
- Project Manager for the design of corporate scale, CMS driven websites.
SENIOR DIGITAL DEVELOPMENT OFFICER - Leeds Metropolitan University
December 2005 to September 2012
- HTML and CSS template building in the corporate CMS, with user admin, support and training.
- Senior team member, with UX design and project management experience.
E-CONTENT OFFICER - Derbyshire County Council
October 2004 to December 2005
- Creating front end HTML templates, designing banners and graphical content in the new CMS.
WEB DESIGNER - Peak Net Ltd, Derbyshire
June 2001 to October 2004
- Designing very high quality, professional web sites for large businesses across the UK.
WEB DESIGNER - Textile and Clothing Network, Leeds University
May 2000 to June 2001
- Designing websites for an EU funded project, providing free websites to local Textile businesses.
IT HELPDESK - Leeds University Information Systems Services
April 1998 to May 2000
IT TRAINING CONSULTANT - LINK Multimedia Learning Centres, Leeds and Wakefield
Feb 1997 to April 1998
1993-1996: BA (Hons) Degree Sociology and Public Media (Grade: II i).
Trinity and All Saints, a College of the University of Leeds.
1991-1993: Brighton University Certificate in Foundation studies Art (pre BA).
Hastings College of Art and Technology.
1991: A-LEVELS; Sociology (A), Art (C), Politics (C).
William Parker School, Hastings.
HOBBIES / INTERESTS: